fbpx Skip to main content Skip to search

Property Tax


Post-recession we are seeing more and more of our customers finally having regained value in their rental portfolio and many have made significant gains from selling some, or all, of their assets. If you have sold any assets at all – stocks, shares, properties to name a few, then we can ensure that your capital gain liability is reduced to as low as possible by advising you on all of the allowable expenses that you are entitled to claim. There are lots of expenses from many years ago when you first purchased the asset which you may even have forgotten about but could save you thousands of pounds in tax.

If you are a Landlord and receive rental income in the UK then you will need to complete a self assessment tax return each year to declare your income.

Whether you are a first time landlord or a seasoned investor the actual landlord tax return process is the same and so we can help you no matter how big or small your property empire may be. At UK Tax Return we will prepare your accounts and liaise with HMRC on your behalf so that your tax affairs are always kept up to date.

If you live overseas and own properties in the UK then there are a number of tax laws that will be specific to you that differ to those landlords who do reside in the UK. The most significant difference is that you will need to inform HMRC that you have sold a property within 30 days from the date the sale completed. You will still have until 31st January the following year to pay any tax that is due in most cases, but it is important that we declare the correct figures to HMRC within their set timescales.​

For more information about our Property Tax, call 07394 464 613 or email office@ionpartnersaccountant.co.uk